Friday, May 15, 2015

Mulching


There are three reasons why a gardener should mulch.
Prevents Weeds
Mulching helps prevent weeds. I spend a lot of time battling weeds in my yard because there are too many bare spots without bushes or flowers. Weeds, like all plants, follow the same growing season as other plants. As soon as winter is over they start growing fast. If, as soon as winter ended, I mulched my yard I would have less weeds to deal with. 

Mulching helps prevent seeds from sprouting. Seeds need sun, water and soil to grow. So, to reduce the amount of weeds growing in your yard, mulch to prevent sunlight from hitting the ground causing weeds to grow. Also

Another reason for mulching is water retention. I have a lot of landscaping done in my yard therefore a lot of water is required to keep plants thriving. Mulch reduces the amount of water evaporating thereby keeping your plants cool and moist in the summer months.
Last reason to mulch is because mulch makes your landscaping look fresh and beautiful. Plants pop out nicely against a uniform background. 

So, mulch on!





Rugged Side Garden

Rugged Side Garden


Shade Garden

Pegola


Side walkway

mailbox

Front side Garden







No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Using Facebook