Monday, February 1, 2016

Winter Can Be Short...

Hyacinth
...If you are a gardener of course! It can be also long if your plants only bloom late spring; as I found out in previous years. Waiting for the end of winter can be long and tiring to someone like me who cannot stand winter. So, to remedy the issue, I bought some early spring blooming plants.

I could not decide what to get, considering that this was not planned at all and I was not trying to spend a lot of money on flowers, so I settled on an all time early spring favorites like tulips and Blue Jacket Hyacinth.

Ironically I had avoided these two flowers because I had them in my old house. I thought they were boring and their short-lived blooms were a big downside. But then I thought about how reliable they are and how I don't have to do much for them to come back year after year. So, practicality won over long-lasting blooms.

On another note, I bought some bushes to my own amazement. My garden always looks like it is in need of additional plants. I think I'm being impatient and that is not a good trait for a gardener. Mistakes are abound as I grab on every flower I see to "fill in" my garden but this is never a good way to garden. So, I need to hold my horses and be patient!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Using Facebook