Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Featured Plants

For my garden I want mostly bushes in the front so that when perennials die the garden does not look bare. But, I am planning a perennial garden for my postbox area and side of the house. In this post I am going to list plants I have bought so far! It is now summer and I have not put them in the ground and this worries me. I am hoping to continue to water them everyday at least for this season until fall.
So far I have bought the following plants for my garden.
Bushes/Shrubs
1. Mexican Anise: I love this shrub because of its smell.
2. Cleyera: I bought it because of its glossy leaves and whimsical flowers.
3. Rhododendron Maximum Roseum: bought it on sale
4. Janet Blair Rhododendron - it was also on sale.
5. Encore Azalea for my front yard
7. Holland Scotch Broom - looking forward to its blooms
8. Redglow barberry
9. Japanese barberry
10. Blueberry bush: I have actually harvested some blueberries from this!
11. Red Rooster Dwarf Crape myrtle
Climbing Flowers
1. Madison Jasmine
1.Penstemon ‘Red Riding Hood’
2. Lantana
3.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Using Facebook