Sunday, June 12, 2011

Can You Smell My Garden?


I just finished my garden design, at least I thought I did until I saw and smelled an evergreen shrub called Mexican Anise! Now, I have to have it, somewhere in my garden. Yesterday, I had an impromptu visit to the garden center and bought one to see how it will go with my garden and now I want more. I am considering putting it around the deck as it grows up to 5ft. Originally I had knockout roses but thorns in my back yard are giving me a second thought. So, Mexican Anise is a contender right now. Above is a picture of a Mexican Anise in bloom:

My plan is also calling for a Madison Jasmine. I saw this plant on my walk on one of my family walks around our neighborhood. The smell of a jasmine is so fragrant that you cannot go wrong. Madison Jasmine, along with climbing roses, will adorn my arbor trellis.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Using Facebook