Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Plan Is In Motion - First Things First!

First, I have not posted for a while as I have been very busy with other commitments. But, the plan is finally in motion. But before I show progress to day one of the plan I would like to go back and tell you how I got here.

I bought my house 3 years ago and have wanted to do some landscaping ever since. In my old house I had done all the landscaping myself and as rewarding as it was, I did not want to attempt that with this house because I wanted my landscaping to fit my house which I plan to keep for a long time; even though I've picked all the plants and new exactly what I wanted.

Once I knew what I wanted I sought to acquire landscape design services but everything was expensive except for Greenscapes which credits the design cost towards the total cost of your plan; so I ended going with them. But this was not before I could put down what I wanted on paper at least.

Before I gave greenscape a go ahead to design my landscape, I bought software for designing my own landscape. With the software I was able to design exactly what I wanted and created a video of it using then ask Greenscapes to use their professional imagination and create an affordable landscape for my backyard inspired by this video:


Greenscapes went to work for me and created a beautiful landscape that is both practical and beautiful. The landscape will feature a drycreek, a natural area patio with firepit, a dining area patio, a side walk, flagstones for accessing backyard, an arbor and a bridge across the drycreek. Also, two trees will be planted by Greenscapes and the rest of them will be done by me and my husband.

A little few disappointments: because of budget constraints I could not get my fence, sprinkler system and sitting wall around the firepit. So this is how I got here. I have to say that I am as excited as a kid in a candy store and yet I must also be an adult that is responsible for this makeover. So, here we are on day 1! Please see the next blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Using Facebook