Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Day 4 - Pouring Rain!

Greenscape people don't work on Fridays and therefore four days went by without anything changing due to Labor Day holiday. Waiting is not one of my strongest suits so it was hard to deal with as I am ready for this landscaping to be over!

I was excited for them to start working but Tuesday came with pouring rain. I met with Greg and we ironed out some of the issues I raised about capstones etc and path widths. Workers started early working and were planning to finish the firepit patio today but we knew that it would not be long after they start working for them to call it quits for the day as it was already raining cats and dogs. Before they stopped they had already done some digging on the patio next to the house even though any digging they did was quickly filled with water (see image below).

Today was not only a dreary day it was also a day full of tornado watches. But, I am grateful for the work that they accomplished today because I like the results!

Before the project started I was fearful that the color we chose (fossil beige) for the Dublin cobble stone from Belgard was too boring; even after we added thirty percent potomac blend. But, the color is not bad at all now and it is growing on me.

They were able to put pavers around the firepit


Below is a view of the firepit patio from our deck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Using Facebook