Monday, September 12, 2011

Day 8 - Main Patio Done(ish)!

Today I took a day off from work because I was under the weather so to speak. As usual Greenscapes guys got here early and I spent the first hour watching them do their work. The main patio went by fast such that they even started on the walkway. The only thing left is filling gaps with sand (and this will be done for all patios once everything else is done).

They polished some of the concerns I had about gaps between pavers around the firepit and uneven border of the kitchen patio. I am grateful for their work though as it very professional.
Another concern I had was the type of  crape myrtle that is to be planted by Greenscapes, and we've hit another snag. According to salesman, they expect to plant Arapaho Crape Myrtle and I was expecting a Dynamite Crape Myrtle. I can't compromise on this because I am paying a full price for this tree and according to what is in the contract it is only 7ft tall.

Here I am showing the differences between dynamite and Arapaho crape myrtles. The first one is dynamite, followed by Arapaho then dynamite. You can clearly see the difference in color.

Anyways, tomorrow is a new day and I am extremely looking forward to it because the arbor and the bridge are being built. Okay, maybe tomorrow not so much but Thursday is the day that they will be installed. Looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Using Facebook