Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Planting Has Started A Little

We have started planting and I must say it has been harder than we anticipated because of all the rain. I had to wear gumboots with all the mud that is in our yard. Hubby had to use a cardboard as a floating device wile planting, that is how bad it has been. To add to the wrinkle, Greenscapes just sent me a text telling me that they won't be able to do any work today because of rain. It will be Thursday before they can do the front beds and anything we have requested they fix; sigh!
We still have a long way to go. After we are done planting, we have tons of mulching to do. Anyways, I took some pictures in the meanwhile.

Crape Myrtle, hope for some colorful privacy and shade here during summer

Mexican Anise. Please tell hubby to pickup those bags behind my plants. Mexican anise are really good performers, they can tolerate a lot.

Blueberry bush. It is supposed to turn red in fall; I am looking forward to it.

My shade garden is finally in. I transplanted those hostas and fans from my front yard.

ligustrum! This is supposed to be the star of my front yard, can't till it grows full. I have a total of four.

Picture above and below are Mexican Anise.



Flowering plum, thundercloud: Spring should be colorful at my house.

Oh, front yard, will look beautiful in the future. I have Firepower Nandina, Rheingold, bloodgood Japanese maple, knockout roses and razzleberry crape myrtle. Lining the path are wintergem boxwoods

Firepower Nandina

Rheingold

Coral bark Japanese Maple


Augusta Beauty Gardenia

Deodor Cedar, Carissa holly and my other august beauty gardenias

View from y front door

Red Rooster Crape Myrtlle

Double Knockout


Loropetalum 

We transplanted this from the other side of the house. Because space is so narrow on this side of the house, we thought it would be perfect for here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Using Facebook