Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Day 15 - Pouring Rain - No Finish!

Today was the day Greenscapes was supposed to finish but they could not because of a few glitches. First the front yard tree was not planted because Greenscapes did not ship it! Also, we finally agreed to put a border on the path which today's pouring  rain was a good test for it. It still did not completely eliminate the problem but it came very close so I am ok with it. 
As you can see the path is no longer muddy as it was before but there is still a water that I hope will drain off as soon as the rain stops. Once we plant and mulch most of the problem will eliminated.

My purple flowering plum tree was planted today! It is much bigger than I anticipated and for the first time Greenscapes under-promised and over-delivered. I am looking forward to spring next year when it is full of flowers and I can view them from my kitchen! No complaints here at all. Greenscapes seeded our lawn after they ravaged it.
This weekend hubby and I are gonna be planting our plants that have been sitting in pots for the last three month. Greenscapes is supposed to compensate for the plants that died since they started this Friday. So, I will wait for them with much anticipation.
Our basket ball hoop will be adorned with shrubs as soon as we are finished with planting.


My shade garden finally got cleaned today and I am grateful for that. That is the part I am looking forward to the most because I've never had a shade garden before. 
I like the color of the stones when they are wet more than when they are dry! I guess I will have to wet them somehow or perform some rain dance to bring rain over my yard! Below is the picture of the rocks when they are wet. I wish they would stay that color rain or shine. Overall, great things were accomplished today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Using Facebook