Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Day 14 - Arbor Is Fixed!

Arbor is fixed for a small price! He did more than I expected and I am happy with that. I would have like not to pay anything but I had to give in! Anyways, I am very happy with the way it turned out.  


Dry creeks still have problems! It has standing water. I was out there this evening and boy did mosquitoes bite me. This dry creek was supposed to solve this problem. Something is up here. My house slopes down and there should be no standing water but guess what,there is. This is a problem. Tomorrow is the last day for them to fix any problem and I am not signing anything until I am satisfied. Anyways, it is substantial and can be seen from the street. I was expecting it to be thinner than it is but, I am okay with the scale even though it means I have to make a lot of changes in my planting plans.

Below is a new picture of the bridge and the updated arbor. I love standing in that bridge already, it feels like I am not in my yard! I can't wait to plant around it.

My son had fun helping me take pictures of the yard! He is ready to enjoy it and is very excited with the whole thing. He is ready to make fire at any moment.

One problem with him: he is Mr. Spill the beans to neighbors! He even told them how much the budget is! I had to have a stern talk about that with him! He does not understand that family business is family business. It is my fault though because I should not be telling him everything at such a young age.

Next picture is the front yard view of the flower beds. These guys are really cutting corners. Their idea of flower beds is to till the grass, put some top soil, till a little and voila! I am not passing judgement but I do expect them to do professional work, so I will wait and see.

It would have been nice if I've had the new flower bed make a heart shape but I changed my mind and I regret it. I won't tell my husband though! My hope is that when it is done, that will all be unimportant detail.

This stepping stone path is too close to the wall. Again, specs were not followed to the T here. Dry creek bed is wider than 36 inches and that meant that the stepping stone had to be pushed against the wall. It did not help  that they were not even close to the dry creek as I envisioned. I can see all plants growing on top or it which will render it useless.

Below, the little pieces of stepping stones were removed and replaced with real stepping stones, thanks God!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Using Facebook