Sunday, October 23, 2011

Power Of The Sun

Today was a beautiful day and naturally I spent it outside in my garden. Hubby and I planted a lot of ground cover plants to finish the front yard. We planted some ice plant and purple verbena.

I also planted some of my bulbs that were moved from the front and left to die by Greenscape people. They include asiatic lilies and peonies.

 As I was planting the bulbs, I noticed how beautifully the sun was coming down in between the trees. I decided to take a few pictures. The streaks of rainbow colors you see in the picture are actual sun rays.

The red flower being washed by sun rays you see on the picture is a pineapple sage. I cook with it but this year because there was so much work in the backyard, I did not get to use it as much. So, seeing how beautifully it has flowered, I've decided to plant one or two in the front yard in spring next year! It flowers in the fall and I think it will go very well with my knockouts.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Using Facebook