Sunday, October 9, 2011

I Can See The Promised Land!

It is Sunday night and I am very happy with the progress we've made. We are not done yet but the finish line is in our sights. We almost finished the whole thing but alas we still have some planting to do. All shrubs in the front are in except for some ground cover which I have not decided on. I have a vast desert that needs a lot of plants and I thought ground-cover plants will do the job. I am leaning toward sedum or verbena. We even threw a little party in our backyard which was nice.

 Our backyard is getting a lot of use already and that is what I intended. We had lunch there and had dinner by the firepit. 


Once the front yard retaining wall was done I started on my backyard raised beds. They are coming out real nice but whew, they need a lot of topsoil. The whole family pitched on this one! They just need soil now and a good amount of plants. 
Hubby still needs to stain the bridge and the arbor. And then on to mulch!
 Below is the beginning of the bed. I am actually excited by this.

 I took these photographs at night so you can't really see well, but trust me they have come out really nice.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Using Facebook