Friday, October 14, 2011

Signs Everywhere

Signs that we are towards the end of the project are everywhere. First Greenscape came to fix some of the issues that are outstanding. They did good job in the dry creek by edging it with eight inch stones; now grass should not flow into the dry creek.

They also tried a fix to the standing water problem. I am not convinced that what they've done is a permanent fix; time will tell. It is a very strange solution. I know band aids never work but again spring monsoons are coming and we should know soon in enough.

Second mulch was delivered this morning on time I might add. We bought it in bulk because we realized how much mulching we needed done. It looks like the 12 cubic yards that we bought aren't going to cut it. When I pulled to the driveway after work today, Hubby was hard at work spreading mulch. I did not even go inside the house I joined in. But we had to stop at around eight post meridian. Our yard lacks lighting; it was too dark. We still have a long way to go but  I think we will get there. This weekend we all have tons of engagements so really there is no hope that we will be done this weekend.

Third, our grass is filling in nicely in the backyard. Thanks to the recent rain we did not have to do much at all in terms of watering. I was dreading the dragging of hose around the yard and now I don't have to worry about that.
It is Fall season so no much I have to do except prepare for halloween. You can see that leaves are already falling! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Using Facebook