Sunday, October 30, 2011

Ready For Before And After...


But not quite! We still have a lot of mulching to do before I can take some final pictures of the project. Yesterday, I planted some more plants that I picked up at the garden center. They are all perennials and I hope that next year they will all provide some beautiful flowers!

I also transplanted many peonies that I mistakenly grew in pots this year. I still have a lot to learn when it comes to gardening so mistake like that will happen.

It is fall so there are lots of
leaves falling especially in my backyard.

We finally stained the arbor and the bridge and that meant that hubby could plant my Madison Jasmine! We won't ever stain this arbor again because this vine will climb up it and cover the whole thing providing shade and awesome smells come end of spring season. I bought it already big so it should be a matter of few years before it covers the whole thing.
 Below is the view of the backyard from my deck


I am looking forward to this Pristine Mountain Laurel! It already has new growth. I planted where I can see it all the time. This plant is not very cheap! I could have waited to see if I could get a small version of it it maybe half the price but I just want to finish so next year I can focus on enjoying my yard. Besides I have a lot planned for next year other than working in the garden.
Pristine Laurel - Beautiful Plant, also makes great deer food!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Using Facebook