Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Day 9 - All About The Path Today!

The path finally snaked its way to the front. It seems narrow than it actually is because it is actually narrow than the plan. It is 41 inches instead of 42! What difference does one inch make? All the difference if your path is so narrow like mine. I think I can live with this. I am trying to be "grateful" for having an opportunity to have such a potentially beautiful yard!

The second picture shows where trash cans will go. This is the area that worries me a little because it seems very small to fit three trash cans, I am going to have to measure. I think we will need to make a change here slightly. Hopefully it will not be too involved.

There is also a nice surprise on the path. The winding path is a slight deviation for the plan but has given us an opportunity to plant bigger plants on the outer side of the path which allows us to shield the trash cans from the street and from our neighbor. There is still a lot of work to be done on the path but I am happy with the progress.

Here is is another view of the path from the back


Path was not the only thing accomplished today. Flower bed in the front near the house was also sort of finished. They did not remove the gardenias next to the house which is strange since they originally wanted us to remove them ourselves but after Eldon threw a fit we decided to wait until they were close to starting the beds. But since they are slightly behind schedule, they decided to start on the beds without letting us know. I cannot say I am unhappy with that because our gardenias are big already and I did not want anything to mess with them. 
One thing though I am not sure about is how narrow they made the bed in the in the front. They did not expand from the current bed and I think this might be a problem because even in the plan they have three knockout roses and I don't think they can fit in the current narrow path. I will have to bring this up with our salesman. 
I took these pictures from my second floor balcony.
Fire-pit also finally got finished. The main thing that was left was the cap stones. Also, river rock will be poured at the bottom of the pit to allow water to run through.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Using Facebook